Monday 23 June 2014

McBusted Live Concert

FIRSTPROPERPOSTOHMAGAWDDD

Hey everybody!!!

SO. A little while ago now, but not too long ago, a few friends and I went to see McBusted live, and I had the most amazing time there, so I wanted to tell you all about it. 
I'd always wanted to see Busted. I mean, I guess everybody my age does/has, because they were popular when we were all younger and it makes us feel nostalgic, but I never got to see them while they were still together and then obviously they broke up with no chance of reform, so that was pretty devastating. I don't know though, most people who like used to like them when they were younger either don't like them anymore or only seem to like the well-known songs as like a jokey thing or whatever, but I honestly still like them, infact probably more than I used to like them when I was younger really. I think that's because they mean a lot to me though. Me and my best friend Faye both love them still and they've kind of always been our thing. When I think about a lot of my favourite memories, a lot of them have songs which remind me of those times, and a lot of those songs are Busted songs. One of my favourite kind of extended memories was in the Christmas of 2009; it was kind of a really sad/hard time as well as happy because I was really struggling with depression and other mental health issues a lot worse than I ever have at that time, which meant that I spent a lot of time inside, but the time I spent over that Christmas also ended up being kind of nice. Faye spent almost that whole Christmas with me because I was sad, and every day we spent all day in the spare room of my house, doing each others' art homework and talking and drawing and laughing and listening to music, and all of that music we listened to over that time was by Busted and Son of Dork and Bullet for my Valentine and Fightstar, but primarily Busted, and now whenever I listen to songs like Holly, I'm the One and Britney and Why and Mercury Summer, I think of her and I think of that Christmas. I remember one day that winter we went sledging with all of our friends in the park over the road and we still both remember it as one of the best days ever. We also found the song Britney hilarious around that time lmao, and I still laugh every time I listen to it now. Another time, when we were still at Sixth Form college, we used to be really good friends with this guy who used to go to McDonald's with us on Friday lunchtimes now and again and one day when we'd been there, on our way back to college we listened to Busted in my car and we were all singing along really loudly and idk it was just really cute. 
But yeah, because we never saw them, we kind of spent a long time stalking James and Matt online and going to see everything Busted-related instead because it was as close as we could get to seeing Busted. We went to a Futureboy (James Bourne) concert one time and got backstage pass things for his tourbus and about 8 of us sat on there after the gig playing a card game called Set with James, which was pretty cool. Another time we went to see one of James' acoustic gigs which was lovely and really intimate and small, and we met him again and we also met his little brother (the little kid neighbour in the video for Year 3000).
I'd seen McFly before though, twice. The first time I only remember vaguely because I was pretty small and it was at a TFM festival where loads of bands played. The second time though was quite recently; Me, Faye, and Faye's mum all went to Scarborough and stayed over in a lovely little B&B and went to see them there on an open-air stage and it was amazing, we had such a good time.
Both of us being such big fans of both bands, as you can imagine, we were ecstatic when we found out they had gotten together and were touring, and Faye got tickets for us right away. It was the closest we'd get to Busted being back together and us seeing them so we were really excited. We saw them at the Newcastle Metro Radio arena, and we went with an old school/college friend we hadn't seen in a while which was nice, and his younger brother drove us all there. 
The concert was amazing though. Like seriously, I cried. They played mostly Busted songs and I swear down I sang every song they played from start to finish and I was so so tired but I didn't even care, and omfg THERE WERE BACK TO THE FUTURE REFERENCES WHICH IS JAMES' FAVOURITE MOVIE AND ALSO THEY CAME OUT IN A DELOREAN AND THEN A SPACESHIP LATER OKAY. JUST, I CAN'T EVEN. It was AMAZING. When they first started playing I screamed so much and I felt so daft and emotional but I wasn't even arsed, like I felt like I was a little kid again and all my dreams had come true, lmao. Ugh, cries. Me and Faye were holding hands and dancing and singing our heads off and grinning like idiots and it was just so so happy and I felt infinite and it was perfect okay and just ugh I needed to tell you all how happy it made me. They were so so good. Legit best gig I've ever been to. Ever. At all. EVER.
Oh, and I got a T-shirt lol.

Did anybody else go? What did you think of it? What was your favourite part? Tell me, I wanna fangirl about Busted with y'all~~~~

Anyway, ahem, normality. I'll stop being an over-excited thirteen-year-old now and be an almost-twenty-year-old. Oh god fml haha.
Hope everyone's fine and dandy, and if you stuck around for the whole of that rambling then you deserve an award!!!

Toodle pip,

Lauren xxx

Me, Faye, and our friend Josh at the concert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment